Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Rather You Ignore

If you said you're coming and you don't. It's even worse. All it takes is a "sorry" over sms and the deed is done. All that anticipation to seeing every one at gatherings. It doesn't even feel personal. You and I have done it before. Just that at the time of execution, you probably didn't think for a moment in the shoes of the person who'd put it all together.

So much "sorries". What's worse are empty promises. "Oh I'll treat you this this that". And then it's another awkward situation if one side forgets and the other side remembers. At the point there was no expectation of anything in return. Perhaps it's better to lay down some conditions before granting favours next time. In the interest of the two parties.

I really don't know.

Some things you don't wanna hear. But they pop up in your life like weed growing out of the concrete.

I rather you not promise or offer anything. Really. I can be altruistic. Don't lift expectations. It's not like I'm dying for a treat. But for the social affair of making the effort to meet up and connect.

If it's emotional blank cheques that is becoming a norm as we grow older.

Then, please.

It's on the house.